re: HYB: 2nd year sprouts
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: re: HYB: 2nd year sprouts
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 06:32:53 -0400

Like I said, may just be coincidence of original source of, for example,
pinks also just happening to be ones that germinate early (lower temps)
and with little chilling.

Chuck, no reason lots of unrelated traits might be on the same
chromosomes, right? Then they would track together until/unless a
crossover of some sort.

So maybe some of the progenitors of various colors/patterns/form of our
modern TBs just happened to have germination traits on the same
chromosome(s) as some of the colors/patterns.

Snow Flurry, May Hall, etc

Like this helps us any in reaching our goals. ;-)

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b