Re: HYB: 2nd year sprouts for intense color
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: 2nd year sprouts for intense color
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:49:51 -0400 (EDT)

Chuck, You are right on all counts. Was just going from observation,
but will admit I did a search trying to determine where it could have
originated. I've not done a soak on 'Feed Back.'

The cross with 'Magic Man' was a long time ago. I loved the cross, but
don't remember any red beards. One weak rebloomer. It was long before
I became concerned with including the tangerine factor, specifically,
in my lines. It's all been a lot of fun.

My primary question is about 'Blue Moonlight.' Since 'Feed Back'
doesn't have the tangerine factor, where do the beards come from in
Mary Lou's seedlings?

Mary Lou, I seem to remember you saying 'Blue Moonlight' does rebloom
well for you? That would indicate it's the real thing. As difficult
as rebloom is, I'd think it next to impossible to have a look alike
that also fits the rebloom pattern?

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KYautmirislvr@aol.com