Re: HYB: 'Pink Champagne' X 'Astra Girl'
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: 'Pink Champagne' X 'Astra Girl'
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill,
The flowers of all three interploid seedlings I've grown so far are all relatively large - typical of a Tall Bearded. The height is somewhat reduced in the one, but the other two are relatively tall (somewhere between knee and waist). Two have good firm petal substance and one is somewhat floppy - makes me wonder if maybe it's a triploid? Both of the ones that bloomed last year set at least some seed by tetraploid pollen, so they don't seem to be dead ends by any means.
Have you gotten any blooms yet on any of your interploid seedlings?
Best wishes, Tom

I am very interested in this work.  What is the flower size and plant height like?  Have you checked any of these seedlings to see if they are fertile with either tetraploids or diploids (or both)?

I am finding some diploid MTBs seem to be fertile with everything!

Keep up the interesting work Tom.

Bill