Re: HYB: 'Pink Champagne' X 'Astra Girl'
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: 'Pink Champagne' X 'Astra Girl'
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 06:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Bill,

You'd asked "What is the flower size and plant height like?" for the interploid cross seedlings.

So I took my "iris yardstick" out and checked them. Years ago, I could never keep it in my head what the height requirements were for each class, so I marked this yardstick with the limits so I don't ever have to remember again.

Anyway, all three would be Tall Beardeds I see.

Shown are:

'Honky Tonk Blues' X 'Astra Girl' - well over the lower height limit

and

'Introspection' X 'Easy Smile' - easily a yard tall on this maiden bloomstalk

I'll send a picture of 'Pink Champagne' X 'Astra Girl' next... it looks like the shortest of the three.
Tom

image/pjpeg