Re: Re: Re: HYB: Iris cengialtii LOPPIO x Iris reginae
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: HYB: Iris cengialtii LOPPIO x Iris reginae
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 06:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chuck,
Yes, I got a few plicatas from 'Kupari' x 'Beardsley' too. No plicatas in the Loppio x reginae, but I didn't grow as many seedlings so can't really say for sure there wouldn't have been any. And yes, the spathes have been papery in all my pallida x variegata type crosses so far.
I'm curious how the flower form was in your Kupari x reginae - did all have the narrow strappy falls?
Tom

The Kupari X regina cross gave a number of plicatas. The regulator
pallida X reginea (two different pallidas) gave pretty much the
same. I'd have to look up the pictures. will try to do so later.

Of note is that the paper spathes of pallida is dominant. Did you see
same thing?

Chuck Chapman