Re: Need identification for this old rebloomer.
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Soapbox by a historics nut and HIPS member: Jan has qualified herself as proper.  The philosophy of not making ID promises and decisions lightly is good policy. Photos for example are subject to all sorts of misrepresentation errors due to technical limitations of camera, growing conditions differences, computer issues especially the monitor, website issues, etc.. Healthy ID skepticism is in the best interest of preserving cultivars true to label. And, like me, having some degree of color perception impairment is more common than many realize. So when one is told an a possible name one should be proud to continue to call an iris a noid (No ID) "thought to be", "contender for so-and-so" or similar when one is not sure. Mark of a true irisarian.

And gotta get in a pitch for joining HIPS, the Historic Iris Preservation Society. To avoid my posting live web links, web search on Historic Iris Preservation Society for link to our website or remove spaces in "historiciris.   org". We have just switched over to a new address and search engines still return links to old "hips-roots.  com". Much info there is free for public consumption including a great gallery of photos by name. Warning, the bug for historics can be delightfully addictive!

Shaub