Re: Bronze Beauty

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>BRONZE BEAUTY is a unregistered regilia hybrid (RH) introduction by the Van
>Tubergen family around the turn of the century. This is for Dennis since he
>seems to like this type of iris.

Thanks Harold!  Regelias are cool.  :)  I'm going to start collecting RB's
this summer.

>Dennis, you and your camera have done a much better job of capturing OMAR'S
>TORCH than I have been able to do. My picture can best be described as a
>dark blob in the middle of a blurry background.

Well, here's my secret.  I take at least 3 or 4 photos of an iris, then
change angles and take 3 or 4 more shots.  Sometimes even after all that
work, it's still too blurry and I have to go try again.

I never take photos in direct sunlight.  Cloudy days are perfect.  The
diffused sunlight doesn't cast shadows, and the camera picks up all the
subtleties of the flower.  Direct sunlight is far too harsh.  I also take
photos during the morning & evening when my flower beds are in full shade.

Sometimes if it's too shady, I need a tripod to hold the camera steady for
those longer exposures.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Did you know ONElist has over 300 Star Wars lists?
http://www.onelist.com
Join one today!