Re: OT: Iris ramblings

From: Iarejan@aol.com

In a message dated 5/9/99 10:20:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
iriskathleen@yahoo.com writes:

<< Two days ago I released about 1500 lady bugs who feasted on the
 beginnings of a gigantic aphid invasion. They feasted indeed. A few
 lady bugs remain, but I see no aphids, for now. >>
Dear Iris(Kathleen?)
     FIRST OF ALL, a lovely name...now is Iris your first name or a nickname
you give yourself?   Is Kathleen your first or last name?   I'm glad you
enjoy the pictures...I love taking them!   The digital camera we have is in
fact not OURS, (not really) it belongs to our business but we have it at our
house alot.   (I wonder why?)
; - )

    Secondly... how did you ever get 1500 ladybugs?   It sounds like a great
idea since I have PLENTY of aphids myself... since my 2 year iris collection
is still managable, I've been out there running my fingers up the fans and
squishing the buggers...but I know that won't continue once my collection
increases.
    BTW...I'm very excited...a seedpod formed on my cross of WILD JASMINE x
BLAZING SUNRISE!!!    BAsically, BS is a rebloomer meaning I will cross a
rebloomer with ANYTHING that's open at the same time...and WILD JASMINE was
there....so...
    It should be interresting...I'm not wild about plicatas but WJ is a
particularly nice one.   And both BS and WJ grew SO WELL...if I get even a
decent rebloomer I'll grow it as my "first child".

Janet Natale zone 8 of S.C.

Looking for a new hobby?  Want to make a new friend?
http://www.onelist.com
Come join one of the 145,000 email communities at ONElist!