[PHOTO] Iris fulva MARVELL GOLD | Wed, 19 May 1999 12:01:53" />

Hooray!  She finally bloomed and she's just incredible!  Everything I had
hoped for.  :)

My apologies to the LA-IRIS folks who are getting yet another pic of her.
Sorry, but I just had to share it with everyone else too!  (At least this
is a photo from a slightly different angle. <grin!>)

In the background is a white columbine (Aquilegia hybrid), and also the
last bloom of the season for SATAN'S MISTRESS (arilbred).

Can you believe arilbreds and louisianas grow side by side?  Hah!  I have a
little secret.  The arilbreds are actually on a hill, several inches above
MARVELL GOLD.  So the rain rolls down from the arilbreds and puddles up
around my fulvas.  Aside from that they're in identical soil (sandy, with a
neutral pH).

JPEG image

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com