Re: TB: Home Before Dark

jem300@aol.com writes:
> Here's a photo taken at Hudson Gardens in Denver 1998 of a named
> seedling
> Home Before Dark from Gerald Moorhead of CA.   I am wondering if it
> has since
> been introduced ?
Hi Linda...
No it has not been introduced yet, Jerry Moorhead is a good friend of
living only a couple of blocks away from me and I can't even get a piece
it and I've been bugging him for several years. He won't even give me a
pollen stem. The color is like no other and the brick red beards set it
It grows great here and did fairly well in Colorado. I think he was
disappointed with it's performance in Oklahoma. He's sending it to Keith
Keppel to try in his display / test garden to see how it does there.

Randy Squires in California.
PS. Maryotts also tested it out for a couple years with the thought of
introducing it for him.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!

eGroups eLerts