Re: TB: REB: seedling immxcs-1

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: REB: seedling immxcs-1
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 16:04:23 -0500

I said:
>but nice to have a flower open after a night in
> the mid20s.

& Randy replied:
<Your seedling doesn't look half bad to me, it may not
set the garden on fire but anything that blooms in your
conditions this time of year I'd consider a good iris.
Nice color and the haft marks some people actually
enjoy as an added attraction.>

Thanks Randy - I may have misled you - it opened <indoors> not out in
that kind of cold.  Another bloom opened indoors today - even prettier
than the first.  The haft marks on this one don't go all the way to the
rim of the falls.  & as someone commented, the haft marks are more like
freckles than veins.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have much substance, but
I have no idea what it would be like if it hadn't been half frozen
several times in bud.  I am going to have to plant some on top of the
ridge behind my house to see what an <outdoor> stalk looks like.

This is such fun !!  Thanks to everybody on this list who has encouraged
me along the way.

[Who have? who has?....everybody who have... ok, thanks to all the
people who..]

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8