AIS: Membership

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS: Membership
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 07:55:15 -0800

Anner Whitehead writes:

Greetings, AIS Members!

This is a message to let you know that if your AIS Membership is set to
expire December 31, 2001, you may expect to receive your Renewal Notice
the AIS Membership Office shortly. Renewal Notices are also on their way
airmail to Overseas members. The envelopes are clearly marked with my
and return address, so you will recognize your official correspondence

Renewal Notices are not sent to those whose AIS memberships are not
If you want to know the expiration date of your membership, please
the first line of type on the mailing label for your Bulletin. The date
is at
the far right.

Anyone who might be concerned about Richmond, Virginia, being in
comparatively close proximity to Washington, DC, will be happy to hear
the Main Post Office here, the point from which the Notices are sent,
tested for spores and found to be clean.

We ask you to wait until you receive your Renewal Notice before sending
your check so you can send the Notice back along with it. Your Notice
contains all the information the Office needs to update your membership
quickly at the most hectic time of year, so receiving it back with
greatly simplifies matters for us.

But we also encourage everyone who receives a Renewal Notice to respond
to it
as soon as possible, especially this year when the mail is moving
Please remember that the date your check is received in the AIS
Office is the date on which your membership is renewed, not the date on
you handed your check to someone at the local level, or the date your
envelope was postmarked.

Please note that the AIS Membership Office accepts checks, money orders,
payment by VISA or MasterCard. Payments from those outside the USA must
made in $US, and we reserve the right to refuse foreign monetary
which are not honored by our bank, or not honored without additional
processing fees. We do not accept wire transfers of funds.

Also note that payments to renew existing AIS memberships may not be
through the AIS Gift Shop.

As always, AIS and the Membership Office very much appreciates your
and we thank you.

Anner M. Whitehead
AIS Membership Secretary