Re: MED: fall bloomer

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] MED: fall bloomer
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:24:39 -0500

>My first reboomer or fall bloomer. 2" tall this May, so it could not bloom
>then.  Is it unusual to have bloom in the fall from one that was seed in
>April?
>Not much to look at but was fun to see.
>
>Lumalite X Little Showoff
>
>Kind of growing on me. But of course I am prejudiced.
>
>I have  another one but it isn't opened all the way. Look like it may be
>better.

That is GREAT!  You are definitely treating your irises well if they
bloom for you so quickly.  I have 2.5 year old seedlings that still
haven't bloomed yet and yours are blooming at 0.5 years!

Christy is right, it's a great looking flower too.

A, very, very jealous...
--
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6