re Theresa's virus

  • Subject: [iris-photos] re Theresa's virus
  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:12:47 -0800

I just received a message from Theresa Yates < _tjyates@fanninelectric.com >that contained a new worm, just discovered two days ago. Norton caught it: X-VIRUS-Warning: "FUN.MP3.pif"

I sent a message to her to tell her about it, and had it bounced back. I wonder if her ISP cut her off until she gets rid of the worm?

In case any others of you received it this morning, here is the name of it:
W32.Badtrans.B@mm
Discovered on: November 24, 2001
Last Updated on: November 24, 2001 at 12:19:48 PM PST

W32.Badtrans.B@mm is a MAPI worm that emails itself out as one of several different file names. This worm also drops a backdoor trojan that logs keystrokes.

Diane Whitehead Victoria BC Canada