[PHOTO] TB: ANXIOUS | Sun, 3 Nov 2002 07:28:08" />

[PHOTO] TB: ANXIOUS

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: ANXIOUS
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 02 07:27:07 -0600

I was glad when I saw a late stalk coming on this new transplant this
fall. I had planted ANXIOUS in my garden last year, but it expired over
winter without ever showing me a bloom. I replaced it this summer, and it
graced me with the MOST beautiful flower this fall. It wasn't at all what
I was expecting. Every picture I've seen of ANXIOUS, including my own
attached here, have made it look like just another nondescript lavender
amongst a sea of nondescript lavenders in the iris world. You'll just
have to take my word for the fact that ANXIOUS is anything *but*
nondescript! This flower has a luminescence all its own. I couldn't take
my eyes off it. It is simply elegant.

ANXIOUS (Ben Hager, 1992) TB, 35", EML & RE (rebloom reported in CA, MD,
MS, NE, PA, TX,zones 4, 6-9). Pale lilac; pale yellow beards

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
clay soil