  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: IB: MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:30:57 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., laurief <laurief@p...> wrote:
> Another new addition this summer than sent up a late stalk. >
> MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (Lowell Baumunk, 1999) IB, 17", M & RE.
Dark purple self; beards dark purple"

Laurie, this is one I am also quite taken with.  Because of our
spring frosts the "normal" spring bloom froze, then in July every one
of the mature increses sent up stalks--not strictly "re" bloom, but
certainly a welcome out-of-season blooming.  Since this is only a one-
year plant I hoped it was not a bloom out.  Happily, a host of new
increses showed up shortly.  The ancestry on this one is complex and
interesting.  Looks like fun to work with in crosses.

Thanks for posting the good pictures of it.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, Hendersonville NC--where my
Impatiens are STILL blooming--no frost yet in the warmer parts of the

Sell a Home with Ease!