Re: IB: CHAMPAGNE ENCORE (new plants blooming)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] IB: CHAMPAGNE ENCORE (new plants blooming)
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:16:49 -0700

I'd like to know the secret too!

Even here in central NM with my yard in USDA Zone 7b, long summers, and so
on.  If I plant an Iris (spring, summer, fall - doesn't matter), it is
usually going to be two or three years before I see it flower (I consider
myself lucky if they flower the next spring).

Maybe I don't feed them enough, or maybe it's because I like the healthier
look of a plant growing in the rather "poor" mineral soils here as apposed
to the soft, lush, floppy look of a plant growing in rich compost??????

Dave