Re: SPU: Ila Remembered

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SPU: Ila Remembered
  • From: Laurie Flynn amnemachin@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello Robert -

I was wondering if you, or anyone reading this, have any info about the name of this iris.  I've heard of it before, of course (won the E.N. medal in 2000), and I think there are other Spurias with the name Ila in them, but I was curious if anyone knew specifically who it is named for.  My mother's name is Ila, hence my curiousity.

Thanks!

Laurie Flynn

USDA zone 4b    sw ME

Robert Dickow <dickow@uidaho.edu> wrote:

This spuria 'Ila Remembered' looks a little like a TB because it's so fluffy
and big. Looks like a white Cattleya corsage in the garden!

Bob Dickow