Re: Barabara's Lace

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Barabara's Lace
  • From: "Mike Sutton" suttons@lightspeed.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:14:20 -0800

OK.   it will be introduced next year (2003) it's George's and he feels it is one of the best flowers he has ever done.  7 to 8 buds on two branches, spur and terminal, sometimes 9 to 10 if it has a third branch.  grows to about 34 inches.  heavily, heavily laced and ruffled, even the styles have heavy lacing.  obviously it's pink, the falls are lighter then the standards but are darker pink towards the edges.  very thick substance so it has no trouble opening, even with all the lace.  grows average for us.
Mike
BTW when I was getting ready to take the picture of this one I actually hit the second flower on a tree branch or ground or something (it's been a while since I took the pic) and crushed the standards on the second flower.