Re: Software/Mulch

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Software/Mulch
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:49:56 -0700

Thank you Janice for the software mention.
As for mulching......... here in Arizona I don't believe many of us has a need to mulch.  As for weeds - - I found it's just better to hand pick them. (As time consuming as it is).  I've heard stories of how chemicals on or near the iris root system can change the color and form on one's spring Blooms.  And if not used for a year, the flowers will go back to it's normal color and form.
1.) I figure it's not worth my own personal health risk, and
2.) it's not worth the possible deformation in those iris.
But, maybe someone else has the answer. I wish you luck.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9