COMP: Poll (was ADMIN)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] COMP: Poll (was ADMIN)
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:48:03 EST

In a message dated 11/25/2002 8:07:05 AM Central Standard Time,
randysiris@juno.com writes:

<< I see nothing wrong with iris-photos except the occasional
 virus. >>

In addition to the chance of a virus, I don't want to load up my memory with
pictures I'll never look at again.  (In most cases) I view the photos at the
Mallorn archives.  It's just easier for me and, if it made it to the
archives, I can always look it up again. When Yahoo bounces the photos and
messages, as they did a few days ago, it creates a problem.  Either they go
missing forever, or someone has to go to Yahoo and retrieve them.  This only
works if someone knows they've gone missing AND has time and ability to do
the retrieval.

If the pictures & messages go straight to Mallorn, wouldn't this avoid all
the 'bouncing' around??

A couple of years ago I was on the dahlia list & iris photos.  I tried to
download pictures to floppies and couldn't believe how fast one filled up.

Just my opinion but my vote is for Mallorn.

Betty Wilkerson Zone 6 SouthCentral Kentucky