Re: unknown?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] unknown?
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:12:26 -0700

Hi Will,
The best guess I can come up with is Misty Lady.  I grew it years ago. But alas..........I have no photo.  However the colors, the beard, the slight white around the beard, the reddish coloring inside the shoulder area, the form, and the purple inside the standards along the midrib all seems to match.  But, don't take my word for it............... instead I suggest you buy Misty Lady and Queen's Splendor next year and grow them both along side your unknown and compare it.  Hopefully one would be a perfect match.  Possibly someone else would have a photo of Misty Lady or Queen's Splendor that would help narrow it down.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9