Re: unknown?&book suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] unknown?&book suggestions?
  • From: "Will Warner" wildbill@techie.com
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:11:53 -0600

Thanks everybody for all the ID help.  I really appreciate it.   If I remember correctly it didn't
produce much pollen at all, most totally shrivelled, and a few with what looked to be some pollen
on one side, but not much at
all.   It would start to make pods, and then they'd shrivel too.  I do remember trying What Again,
and Triple Whammy on it.  I'll still keep trying.  I'm interested in
getting some more iris books this winter.  I have "The Gardeners Iris book, " by Shear. I can't afford
to buy them all, so I'd like some suggestions for a all around good iris book.  I've been hybridizing
for a few years.  I know the basics, but would like more info on color and rebloom genetics/traits.
Pictures are nice, but I'm looking for more substance.  I'm not just interested in beardeds,I have all
kinds.  Any recommendations?.  Thanks in