Re: unknown?&book suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] unknown?&book suggestions?
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 05:08:24 -0800

Will Warner wrote:
> ....  I'd like some suggestions for a all around good iris book.

I will buck the trend and recommend "The World of Iris." Conditionally,
at least.

It is still, by far, the best overall reference book available. But, if
you want just info on which cultivars to use as parents for which
traits, it is out of date.

So, I suggest TWoI for background genetics, and talk with hybridizers
for current hybridizing info.

BTW, the specialty books on Louisianas, Japanese, and Siberians are all
quite good.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!