Re: unknown?&book suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] unknown?&book suggestions?
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:32:26 -0700

Gerry wrote:
> I suggest TWoI for background genetics.............

I agree with Gerry here.  It is in-depth and laid out pretty well.  The first time I read through the genetics portion of it though.......... it went over my head.  When I reread it - it made for easier reading and easier to understand.  There is a chart in there too which shows you your chances of bringing out recessive genes, and the probability of other genetic factors.

I understand Don Spoon is suppose to be coming out with a book this year - with much of it based on genetics.  Has anyone heard when it is due out?

Otherwise............ the best book on genetics would probably be the one you could write yourself.....................as you study and become more familiar with your own iris and the crosses you make.  It's like painting................practice, practice, practice............. the more you do the more knowledgeable you become, resulting in better crosses and better work.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net