[PHOTO] Re: unknown? | Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:09:08" />

[PHOTO] Re: unknown?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] unknown?
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:49:13 -0700

Hi Mike,

I see you have a photo of Misty Lady. However, the standards of Misty Lady here for me were a pale lavender - - almost a white, no pink whatsoever.  (Quite similar to the checklist description)  Possibly the desert sun here in Arizona caused mine to look more white though.  Looking again at Will's photo - the standards seem to be a lot more white than a pale lavender.  Will's unknown may not have the pale lavender color in them ......................... in which case - - his unknown would definitely not be Misty Lady.

Note:  Here are 2 internet photos I found of Misty Lady.  Looking at all 3 photos  (these 2 and Mikes') - one would never guess they were all the same iris.  And none of these 3 looked quite like mine did.  If anything - - it goes to show how soil condition, lighting, fertilizers, time of day, etc all have a play in how a flower looks.

It can be quite hard to ID by internet, but we try.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net