[PHOTO] Tissue culture lab equipment grouped for sale | Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:29:08" />

[PHOTO] Tissue culture lab equipment grouped for sale

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Tissue culture lab equipment grouped for sale
  • From: Stacy Holtzman sholtzma@bio.indiana.edu
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:22:45 -0500

Dear plant enthusiasts,

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested in this, and I
apologize for sending the pictures through all at once, but it's for a
speciaal situation.

I am clearing a lot of stuff out of my home (I live in Bloomington, IN)
because I have run out of room.  I work about 70 hours a week and have come
to accept the fact that I cannot do tissue culture at home anymore, and also
when I do start working on plants again in a few years, I want to work more
on plant genetics.  I want to give potential hobbyists the opportunity to
get a group of items at one time (the expense of buying the equipment can be
daunting).  Here is the list of items I am considering grouping together for
one sale:

200 short magenta containers
200 tall magenta containers
1 American Steroclave (this is the all-in-one unit with internal heating
element, very nice)
Glass test tubes with plastic racks
Various plant tc chemicals
Laminar flow hood (custom made, very well constructed; see pictures):
measurements: 37" deep, 38" wide, 75" tall  (NOTE: width is just a little
bit wider than a 36" door)
Plant incubator (custom made, very well constructed; elaborate electronics,
see pictures): measurements: 14" deep, 60" wide, 68" tall
1 lab chair (goes with laminar flow hood)
2 balances
1 pH meter
1 stir plate
Misc. small things

I would like to ask $3500.

Everything is in excellent condition.  The purchaser would need to come and
get the stuff, and look at it if they wanted to, of course.  It would
definitely require a large trailer to load it all up.  The plant incubator
has one issue where if the doors are not slightly cracked the unit gets too
warm for plants to grow but it has safety/temperature over-rides and very
good electronics.  I can answer any questions about any of these items; my
phone number is 812-855-7674 weekdays; 812-340-1251 cell phone nights; and
after 10pm home is 812-876-8121.  Feel free to call up until midnight any

Stacy Holtzman
Three Duxbury
Bloomington, IN  47408

Rent DVDs from home.