RE: TB: Kentucky Woman

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: Kentucky Woman
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:45:49 -0700

Wonderful, we need strong, vigorous pinks.  The best one I have now is Lauer’s Pink Champagne.  It was the strongest growing most disease free iris in my big guest bed for the past two years.  It has loads of pollen too.  I’m looking forward to making crosses with it.  Pink Attraction is very weak for me.  I planted two a year ago.  Neither bloomed and one has died.

My very favorite pink here, disease resistant but only a fair increaser, is Appleblossom Days, Hamner, 1992.  It’s not well known, but it’s a real beauty and fragrant too.  I will post a picture of a clump that I took this spring.  I have many of its seeds to plant this week.  Someday, God willing, I’ll get that form with Pink Champagne’s vigor.