[PHOTO] Re: TB: Allegiance? | Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:01:16" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB: Allegiance?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Allegiance?
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:00:16 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2003 9:28:57 AM Central Standard Time, wildbill@techie.com writes:

The first pic is of mine.  The second is one I found on the net.  Do you think this is right?  The
main difference in the pics is the beard, mine looks more like the "found" pic in person.  If you
think i'm wrong, suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks..Will

Will I think your ID is incorrect but I have often found myself wrong even comparing two of the same iris two rows apart. Sadly, the only suggestion I have is don't give up. Immediatly we see that the faint thumb print under the beard in your photo is not evident in the found photo. Nor are the beards simarly shaped particularly near the outward terminal ends.

I did open your found photo in a photo editing program and adjust the foliage color in the found photo to more closely match the foliage color in your photo letting the resulting red and blue tones fall where they may in when doing so.

While such adjustments are in no way definitive or conclusive, the most homogenous trait of bearded iris varieties for me is foliage color. I do not have access to the registration data for your suspect. If that data indicates it to be of blue color that too would be further evidence the two are not the same.

I did spend some time trying to match your beard color to that of the found photo. Ultimately I scrapped the effort when adjusting the hue or saturation could not produce a similar color match.

For your comparison the adjusted photo and your photo follow.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here