Re: TB: Allegiance?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Allegiance?
  • From: Gloria Jean Johnston gloriajeanjohnston@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:25:00 -0800 (PST)

I may be going way out on a limb here.  I am not even sure which picture is which, relative to your descriptioins.  I have seen Allegiance grown by many, and by people who are so meticulous I would really trust it to be true to name (Rosalie Figge in Baltimore is an example)...It is a dark navy blue with a gold beard.  Not a purple or violet.  Blue.  Color photos tend to distort blues and purples so much that it is hard to come down on one side or another based only on color, but my impulse is to trust the one you label Attachment 3.

Gloria

Will Warner <wildbill@techie.com> wrote:
Here's an iris passed down from my grandmother.  I believe it to be Allegiance (Cook 57'), Dykes in
64'.  The first pic is of mine.  The second is one I found on the net.  Do you think this is right?  The
main difference in the pics is the beard, mine looks more like the "found" pic in person.  If you
think i'm wrong, suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks..Will