Re: TB: Allegiance?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Allegiance?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:22:46 -0500

Will  --  The 1959 Checklist describes ALLEGIANCE thusly:

"S. violet-ultramarine, F., Roslyn blue; beard medium blue, tipped yellow."

Roslyn blue, as used in iris registration, is a very deep purplish blue.
The "found" iris in your first message fits the description of the stands
and falls; the "found" iris in the second message seems not to, and your
inherited iris definitely does not.  The bigger problem, however, is that
none of these three irises has a medium blue beard, tipped yellow.  Indeed,
all three have YELLOW beards, tipped violet.  --  Griff