allegiance????

  • Subject: [iris-photos] allegiance????
  • From: "tenderlovingtims" birdwoman424@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:46:51 -0000

I just added to photos of "my" allegiance to this site. I took the
photos this past spring. According to the book entitled, 1959 Iris
checklist, under Allegiance on page 3; it states " beard medium blue,
tipped yellow." Now, I am going to try and describe what I recall I
saw on this bloom. Please bare with me as this was my first growing
season and I do not know all the techinical iris terminlogy. The
beard at first glace appeared to be yellow but, on closer inspection
I saw the color blue. The best way I can describe it, is if you can
imagine looking at the side view of a piece of carpet - the fibers of
the lower (bottom portion) closet to the floor were blue, however,
the upper ends of the same fibers (the tips of the fibers)were
yellow. The yellow color was more pronounced than the blue. The only
reason I remember this is because I thought it was so "neat". Please
refer to my newly posted photos to have a better understanding of
what I am trying to explain.
Margie Brown, northeastern shore of Long Island, NY

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511