TB: Allegiance?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] TB: Allegiance?
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 04:47:27 -0500

I also grow an iris that appears identical to the one you inherited from
Grandmother.  In my search to identify it with web images, etc. I've
tentatively decided it may be NIGHTFALL, (Dave Hall, 1942).  The image I
have is from the H.I.P.S website.  I purchased NIGHTFALL in 1960 but have
never owned Allegiance.

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
Zone 6/7

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>Here's an iris passed down from my grandmother.  I believe it to be
Allegiance (Cook 57'), Dykes in
64'.  The first pic is of mine.  The second is one I found on the net.  Do
you think this is right?  The
main difference in the pics is the beard, mine looks more like the "found"
pic in person.  If you
think i'm wrong, suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks..Will<

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511