Re: TB: VIGILANTE/buds dryin'

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: VIGILANTE/buds dryin'
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:46:21 EST

In a message dated 11/7/2003 10:19:31 AM Central Standard Time, pdoyle@our-town.com writes:

I also grew this iris for the first time this year. I had trouble with the buds drying up before they opened on this one. Can anyone tell me why they might have done this?

My expectation is that you will not have a similar problem the second season. I encounter this problem fairly often with a first year planting. Perhaps more so when the rhizome has been suberized for a relatively long period of time (dried), of this I am not certain. Secondly, it also occurs with rebloom stalks that begin issuing during cool periods and then encounter periods of warm weather. And then too, the trait also quite often occurs on rebloom stalks here that are issued in the summer heat.

I know not why is, I only know only that is.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson
Self appointed CEO for:
Society for the Promotion of RE5 Irises