[PHOTO] OGB seedlings | Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:02:24" />

[PHOTO] OGB seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] OGB seedlings
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:01:02 -0600

I've posted some variegated seedlings.  They are happening and I don't know
why.  This group, though, is what I'm wanting.  These RAMAYANA X either
LUELLA DEE or HEART STEALER have been remarkable.  This is going to sound
odd, but even the ones that died in the killing spell of heat we had this
summer did well.  There is another pod of RAMAYANA X LUELLA DEE that grew
comparably, but only one survived that spell.  From they start these were
strong.  To a one they put out increases.  These in the photo are nearly 2'
tall and many of the fans you can see are increases, not the original
seedling.  I hope they don't all turn out to have awful blooms.  As far as I
can tell, RAMAYANA is not in the ancestry of any registered iris so that may
not be a good sign.  This is the growth I want, though.  I'm a lot more
interested in using RAMAYANA than I was before these seedlings came along.
Now if I can just the leaf spot under control after our wet spell.  You'd
think in new ground with all new plants I wouldn't have any.  I think some
native plant must harbor it and spread it around.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA