Re: TB: MEGABUCKS

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: MEGABUCKS
  • From: "Judy Hunt" judyhunt1@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:09:10 -0500

Boy, we will never forget Springfield, Tom!  We were driving from Louisville to the 1999 AIS Convention in Oklahoma City and spent the night in Springfield.  This was the night that the horrible outbreak of tornadoes struck Oklahoma City and environs.  We kept the weather channel on all night as we worried about folks and wondered if the convention would go on -- or if our hotel would even still be standing.  What a time that was!  Of course, the convention DID go on, but there were two of the tour gardens that had mighty close calls.  Irisarians are a hardy bunch -- we don't let a little thing like an F4 (or was it 5) tornado stop our gatherings and iris tours!

Judy Hunt