Re: REB: Dime Spot stalk

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] REB: Dime Spot stalk
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:57:47 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2003 6:25:40 PM Central Standard Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:

Though no doubt Bill will admit he does need a translator most of the
> time when talkin'..

It's pleasin' to see you are learnin' how to spell, Bill. All those g's just aren't needed when talkin'. I never minded anyone interpretin'. I have on occasion taken 'em to a show and expect I will again someday.

I did not misinterpret what Griff was sayin'.

Bill, it just could be that the vogue disfavoring irises with branches emanating from low down on the main stalk has to do not with their appearance in the garden, but with the difficulty of exhibiting them at shows.

I expect you are correct Griff. I counted the buds on Dime Spot earlier today. It now has 11 on that stalk. I did not count how many would be left if it were prepared for pipin'. Most likely only a few. I do also suspect a great many irises that might be otherwise sought after by public never make the lists because of the whackin'.

Spect too, I'd best not get started on the tail waggin' the dog, powers that be, or where to look for help buildin' irises that fall over.

I don't have enough time left today to get up on the soapbox.

Smiles to both yawl,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor