Re: Superstition Iris - - new 2004 Intro Pics are out

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Superstition Iris - - new 2004 Intro Pics are out
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:11:51 -0700

Slpashacata is doing well for me - - so far.  I've had it for 2 years now. It's increased well and the blooms have been spectacular usually with 3 flowers opened at once on a stalk.   I wonder if you just ended up with a bum rhizome.

What I do sometimes is order 2 of the same rhizome from different places.  And - - it DOES make a difference!  With each rhizome planted toe to toe - - quite often - - I'll find one rhizome grows well and flourishes while the other struggles. I think many times  - - it all depends on how the irises are fed and cared for before you receive them.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net