[PHOTO] Re: IRIS and WASHTUBS | Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:31:37" />

[PHOTO] Re: IRIS and WASHTUBS

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: IRIS and WASHTUBS
  • From: Thomas Abney papatoms2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:31:25 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

Let me try this again. Must have hit the wrong thing.

This is a picture of the washtub I took a bath in as a child on our 40 acre farm 12 miles north of Lockwood MO. Also pictured is our IRIS ENSATA next to our AC condensate drain (it likes it there). On the farm we also had no running water accept when it rained and the roof leaked. Bill, are you the one they started all this Hill Billy term over???

Now on the other side of things. In bringing some of my questions over from the SA sight. Does anyone have any input on SHOOT THE MOON and DON HERZBERG? Will has a picture of STM on the SA sight. Thanks.

Tom

Town of Ozark MO  Zone 6a

------------------
Hey, Bill,

How big is a #2 washtub? When I was a young boy growing up on a tobacco
farm in the hills of Kentucky with no running water in the house, the
whole family bathed on Saturday night in a washtub in the middle of the
kitchen floor. Water was carried from the well, heated on the kitchen
stove and poured in the tub. Order was youngest child first, each
progressing in turn according to age, finally Mom, then Dad. Each person
got a little extra hot water to re-warm it. Obviously, Dad got the most
water of all, but it wasn't very clear by then. ;-)

All that to say that I think that was a #3 washtub. Is my memory right?
Is a #3 big enough to bathe in? So a #2 is smaller?

Curious (perhaps senile) minds want to know...

Bill W.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

Do you Yahoo!?