Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:19:14 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2003 8:03:13 PM Central Standard Time, oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

Tubs here: They are called the big one and the little one here. I do not have the middle size one. But, I think the big one is a # 2.

Well I lied. The big one is a #3. It has a 3 embossed into the bottom. The little one is a # 0. It has a 0 embossed in the bottom.

Only the wealthy with a maid, slave or two wives should own one of those oblong giant ones. Someone had to draw, tote, heat, tote and empty those things. Course if you had two rub boards both those wives could work on the washin' at the same time.

Don't think my momma woulda loud bathin' in the livin' room. She is such a prude. Now makin' me take 'em on the back porch in front of a passel of kin' folks was OK with her. Yep, she has shore nuff been hard figgerin' out.

I'll be sendin' her a bucket of iris stalks tomorrow that woulda been froze if I had not cut 'em.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson 7 or 8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here