Re: OT: washtubs and snakes (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: washtubs and snakes (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:13:38 EST

In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:49:36 AM Central Standard Time, papatoms2@yahoo.com writes:

Weins had to be carfil to not gat da snake when we'd pull up da bucket o water to put in da tub. Winder time didant have no snake.

The recollections of the six year old inside me are that they were pretty happy to get the snake out of the well.... scared but happy! Winter time was happier cause it had fewer baths too as I recall. Rediggin' the well time was a different story. Arguments were long among them about who went down first the last time.

<Can any one tell me the iris name?>

I can't name your momma's iris. I am pretty sure it comes from a time when mommas and leaders, if she did have to suffer such, were focused on irises rather than protection of little fiefdoms. Seems too, mommas always have and still do promote growth.

I can't say as much for the sons some mommas raised.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here