[PHOTO] Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update) | Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:55:34" />

[PHOTO] Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:52:12 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>Works better when I sent the picture also.

Tom Abney<

OLD VIENNA is another possibility for your Older Style Tall Bearded Iris.
The colors in my image are a little brighter than yours, but the one you
sent looks more like it does in 'real life' than mine does.

What program did you use to add the text pointing out details?  I liked the
lines and arrows leading to the point on the iris.

I acquired OLD VIENNA in 1959 and it is a very hardy iris - it has survived
and multiplied with many years of neglect in this Mama's garden.  Can
anyone tell me any more details about it?

Another possibility that I had at one time was BUFFAWN, (Andrews 1940) but
it was a paler version than this.  I do not have a picture of it.  It is
shown on HIPS which says it has a tangerine/orange  beard and flaring
falls.  Although I thought I still had BUFFAWN, I don't recall mine having
a tangerine/orange beard and the picture shown on HIPS doesn't resemble
what I thought was BUFFAWN.  I got the HIPS description since the last time
I saw it bloom so can't say for sure.

Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
Zone 6/7