Re: Re: Spurias: clump

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Spurias: clump
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:29:00 -0500

Linda  --  I only have a couple of spurias -- OLINDA and ADRIATIC BLUE.
They don't seem to be bothered by the humidity here, and we have at least as
much as you.  ADRIATIC BLUE declined to nothing but a shoot from a
subterranean piece of increase the first year it was planted here, and has
come back to a healthy plant in two years.  OLINDA had no trouble at all.
The clumps behave about the same as TBs, but are half-again taller than most
of the TBs.  They don't muscle other stuff out the way the Louisianas do.
OLINDA sets seed like crazy.  The flowering wasn't as much as I expected
this year, but I attribute that to the extremely rainy weather we had.
Other than that, they're doing nicely.  I encourage you to try some.  --
Griff