RE: Rainbow Aril/AB #1

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Rainbow Aril/AB #1
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:25:58 -0800

Thanks Sterling. I am glad that posted them the Austin catalog pictures
instead of sending them offline. There were a couple of the photos that I
would really like to have the cultivar.

I live about 15 miles from where Lloyd Austin's garden was. When Lloyd died
there was an effort to salvage the aril/arilbreds by moving them to Ray
Leech's garden in Rescue. The gopher's promptly ate them. I had to slow down
my arilbred planting last week to catch a gopher right under the raised
boxes.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road