REB: HYB: HOMEMBR breeder seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] REB: HYB: HOMEMBR breeder seedling
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:37:33 -0500

This cross really surprised me.  It's HARVEST OF MEMORIES X unknown
1940ish (?) tall, healthy, southeastern misery climate adapted very
large floppy flowered bronze (brown) bought from a local 'granny'
gardener (unfortunately, no photo).

I was hoping for something that would rebloom, have more color
saturation than HOM, that wouldn't lose branching, substance, or size.
Didn't really expect to get it, since HOM has been mostly throwing very
small flowered short junky things for me (except for HOMSK).  If it will
just bloom a bit earlier in the fall, not too early in the spring, and
be fertile, I will be delighted with this one.

Stalk more than 40 inches tall, bud count around 10, flowers slightly
larger than HOM and with wider hafts (?), but narrower blade of the
falls.  Branching & bud placement needs some work.  Plant health &
growth equal to HOM so far.  One year old plant.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image