unknown historic rebloomer

  • Subject: [iris-photos] unknown historic rebloomer
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:41:03 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:41:03 -0700

Hi,

Not saying it isn't 'Eleanor Roosevelt', just that the beards looked way to bright white in the photo.  Just call me the devil's advocate.  I also just ran out to have a quick look, but there are no stalks on my 'ER' right now.  As I recall 'ER' has strong purple color on the spathes too, as I recall it is strongest before the tepals start to show and fades after the flowers open.  None of the ones I listed including both 'ER' and 'CK' have PBF on the foliage, but I suspect that they all have purple on the spathes (maybe somebody reading this knows).  I may be able to find some photos with 'ER' buds and stalks showing, and check for the color.

Dave