Last Oldies

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Last Oldies
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:27:09 -0500

SABLE NIGHT looks a lot more like your last photo in this group than it does the first.  It is a dark purple.  This photograph suggests kinship with GOLDEN RUSSET, although I don't think it is that variety.
I would consider anything in this garden suspect in its labeling from what you have shown.
ALLEGIANCE did have a form a little like this iris shown, but considering the color saturation of the garden as a whole, I suspect the blossom was much darker in color than this photograph, making the identification at least possible.  ALLEGIANCE was/is a rather dark blue on the violet side.
Digital photography has a tendency to make yellow to orange-yellow beards look much redder than they are.  The beard on this looks tangerine.  ALLEGIANCE certainly did not have a tangerine beard.
Neil Mogensen

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2426683/rand=575959890