I "germanica" nw. Greece

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] I "germanica" nw. Greece
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:30:35 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:30:35 -0700

I think this was in the HIPS listing too.  This is, I suspect the original clone from which the SIGNA seed came from.  Forget the provinence details, but they were discussed earlier in the year at the Iris Species chat group I think.  These were taken at Cindy Rivera's place too.
Very - very like I. varbossiana, 'Amas', the previous "red" one, etc.  Taller than 'Amas'.
I should mention that the photo labels reflect my opinions of Iris taxonomy, but they aren't any sort of official declaration.  I tend to consider all the northern wild tetraploid TB's  as a variety of I. trojana (I. croatica and similar are not included, but they really are more like MTB's in size anyway).  "Typical" I. trojana would include those from further south in the Middle/Near East.  Of course this is just me, and likely not reality.  I don't think varbossiana has ever been published as a variety of anything anyway.
Well enough of that.  Enjoy the photos.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=353120442