Re: REB: next to last seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: next to last seedling
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:42:06 -0500

Len, I hope you try some crosses with TEA LEAVES.  It's a good repeat
bloomer here, one of the very healthy ones.  There are no registered
offspring from  in the online database, and when I asked before, nobody
seemed to be currently working with it.

Patrick - I doubt I will do anything with this particular seedling -
long & convoluted reasons I can post to the discussion if you really
want to hear it.  But am hoping to get some better siblings or

So far, I've bloomed only two seedlings from TL - this one, and one last
spring from TL X PEACH SPOT.    Both crosses have produced mostly
seedlings with hardly any increase.  The one last spring bloomed out,
and looks like this one will too (no increase showing). Has me wondering
if that is a dominant trait in TL offspring.

<I must learn more about TEA LEAVES.  Of all the re bloomers, T L can
the cold here(Kansas) better than all the others. I have a lower bud
may still open. Len S>

<Ok, if it is not much to look at but is a good grower, are you going to
  working with it?        It seems as if Immortality has totally wiped
out much of the color, but one more  cross could do it...   Patrick>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links