Re: TB: Daughter of Stars

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Daughter of Stars
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:21:13 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:21:13 -0700

Hi Margie,

DOS repeat bloomed twice for me this year. It was a two-year clump. It got a little more shade being planted in the corner of the yard and got more water from the neighbor's yard seeping through the wall or coming up from beneath.

I had another DOS planted out in the middle of the bed that got full sun, and it did not rebloom, but it was only a one year clump.

I did some crosses with DOS this year as well.  The #1 planned cross I did with it was with Momentous Occasion.  MO has plicata markings on the flounces. With this cross, I am hoping to get those luminata markings on the flounce and have rebloom, and with the two parents being from both ends of the country, hopefully the seedlings will do well anywhere.  DOS not only does well in its home in VA, and of course is good here in the SW, but it is reported to do well and rebloom up in Oregon also.

I have high hopes for this variety too.
Patrick